Old 19-03-2006, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson

Default OT Server advice welcomed

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 09:34:43 +0000, Neil Tonks wrote
(in article ):

"michael adams" wrote in message

snip

If you subscribe to News.individual at 10 euros a year, as has been
overwhelmingly endorsed elsewhere there's no need to move anyway.

I've moved to Individual.net and it seems fine - much faster downloads than
wanadoo, doesn't seem to have loaded most of the junk that's been plaguing
this group lately and at 10 euros (just over 7 quid) a year it's cheap
enough.

The only problem I have with it that it won't display the names of any
newsgroups except for this one and uk.rec.walking, which are the two I was
subscribed to with Wanadoo. When I refresh the names it ways it's
downloading thousands of the things but only the two are then displayed in
the 'all groups' list. Odd!

I'm also with NIN and have no problems with displaying thousands of
newsgroups if I want. I see you are using Outlook Express, which I don't
use, but I think you'll find this is something in your OE settings rather
than NIN. Is the All Groups list perhaps just the "All Subscribed Groups"
list?

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk