Old 19-03-2006, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-Lo

Default Thrifty Lighting Ideas Q's

"Thrifty" wrote in message
I have seen these replacement bulbs for regular lampshades at the
supermarket, those curly ones. 2 for 10 dollars, daylight it said on the
box. If I remember correctly there were small ones (17 watts= to a 60
watt
) and large ones (27 watts = to a 100 watt) They just plug into any old
lite socket. Anyone considered useing these. Has anyone had success.

Yes. I replaced all the bulbs in my reflectors with them and they work
fine. There's also a lot less heat - important on goldfish tanks.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952