Old 19-03-2006, 06:00 PM posted to sci.chem,sci.bio.botany

Default element or compound in tree bark that it burns with too much ash

Bob wrote:
A Berkeley group is developing the use of a plant for Se
decontamination of soil. It is in field testing. (I could probably
find a ref if someone wants it.)

Then there are the Ni accumulators, which have several percent Ni in
their sap, nicely chelated (citrate, I think).

A.P. writes:
Bob, can you say anything theoretical about the periodic chart of
chemical elements as to that of fire, burning and ash. Consider that
the elements to making fire are oxygen, carbon which are far to the
right of the chart in rows 4A, 6A and that potassium of ashes is in row
1A far to the left in the chart. So is there some chart relationship as
to fire and burning and the ash remaining afterwards. Is the act of
fire some sort of acid base reaction.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium