Old 19-03-2006, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default Keeping the cats out

"Broadback" wrote
I am in the process of putting rabbit proof fencing around most of my
garden. It was with some reluctance as it will keep the hedgehogs out
also, still I could no longer put up with them, what they don't eat they
dig up! Anyway the fencing is close to hedging so I reckon that the cats
will not be able to get in except a small run of fencing and gates. I know
I could put carpet grippers on the top there, but much as I dislike cats I
would not wish to harm them. any suggestions to an alternative to stop
them crossing the gates and fencing?

I didn't understand this comment..."what they don't eat they dig up!"
What do you mean?
Cats don't dig up anything deliberately and the only things they eat in a
garden are mice, rats, and birds.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden