Old 20-03-2006, 12:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Tom Randy

Default New plant & orchid owner...How do I remove faded flowers

On 2006-03-19 09:54:42 -0500, Steve said:

yatmei wrote:
Hi. I'm completely new to orchids and have never had any experience
of plants of any sort...so would be really grateful if any of you
could help me out...and advise how and where a fading flower should
be cut.

Short answer: Most flowers fall off on their own when they fade a
little more. If not, just pull them off.

I clip the flowers off when they begin to fade so that the plant
doesn't waste energy making seeds.