Old 19-03-2006, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan

Default Keeping the cats out

In message e.net,
Mark Goodge wrote
On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 20:21:01 +0000, Alan put finger to keyboard and
typed:

In message , Brian Watson
wrote

Cats roam: get used to it.

Why? I shouldn't have to tolerate other peoples uncontrolled vermin.

For the same reason that the rest of us have to tolerate your
ill-considered opinions:

Do I detect that you are one of those totally irresponsible people that
owns a cat and lets it roam?

because it's generally accepted by society
that we do.

Responsible pet ownership is socially acceptable but allowing a cat to
roam and use someone else's front garden as a pet lavatory is not.

If it is an offence to allow a dog to foul, without the owner clearing
it up, why is socially acceptable to allow a cat to do the same with no
responsibility on the owner to clear the mess?

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com