Old 20-03-2006, 07:51 AM posted to rec.ponds
Richard Sexton

Default New Pond about finished.

In article ,
wrote:
yes, mine do too. but they are potted up. I want to put the hostas bare root in the
water flow. Ingrid

If I read "in the water flow" as not being the same as "submersed roots",
that is the rots have some exposure to air, then that might work. What
I would do is get some of that clay ball hydroponic media and let the water
flow over that and plant the hostas in there.

Alisma plantago aqutica is a better choice though, it looks like a radican
sword and *likes* "wet feet"; grows quickly to the point of being a weed.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net