Old 13-03-2003, 07:56 AM
Wallaby

Default Plant Name?

Hey hey, NATIVE THIS IS NOT (certainly not to Australia) Perhaps you are
posting this message from South Africa??
Australia has only one native Dietes and that is D. robinsoniana, growing on
Lord Howe Island (well Oz territory)
Cheers, Peter

"Just a little bit" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:35:06 +0800, "Willow"
wrote:

There's a plant I've seen everywhere, particularly in areas that receive
little extra water & care (I've often seen them planted on council

verges or
on islands in the middle of the road) but receive full sun throughout

most
of the Summer. It's a reedy plant, it might be a Yucca, the lilly/orchid
like flowers are on long stems, the petals of which are white with some
black & yellow bits (stripes or dots?) & a purple tounge...

I don't have a camera available unfortunately otherwise I would take a
piccie!

Sounds like the Dietes Bicolour. A very tough native plant.