Old 20-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Arman Arman is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Kanter
"Carl 1 Lucky Texan" wrote in message
. com...
Doug Kanter wrote:

"Carl 1 Lucky Texan"
wrote in message
. net...

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Arman"
wrote in message

I have had moderate amount of success with my potted garden but now my
dogs have gone and dug them up. i've managed to salvage about 6 of them
but the casualties of war ran up quite high this time. 6 broken pots
and
20 dead plants later, i've resorted to tie-ins and crating but i would
love any idea that would make my potted plants unappetising and
unappealing to my dogs.

i've been toying with the idea of burying barb wires around the outer
perimeter of my pots. would that help? has anyone tried this before?

any ideas are most welcome. i love my dogs and i love my flowering
plants, so i would like to find a solution that allows them to co-exist
peacefully.

thank you all,
arman.

A short list of living things were complete mistakes. Dogs, mosquitoes
and viruses. You're wondering how to make your dog behave acceptably?
You've got to be kidding. Do the world a favor and slit it throat.

add trolls to the list

Carl

This is not a troll. You've been trained by your dog. With help, you can
get your mind back. It'll be a long road, though. Good luck.

Don't you feel suggesting someone slit their dog's throat seemed harsh?

No, not harsh at all. Like child molesters, dogs have no place in a polite
society. Perhaps they were designed to live in packs, in the woods, and
clean up rotting dead animal flesh, much like maggots. But, they don't
belong anywhere near human populations.

I apologize for the troll remark if I misunderstood.

Apology accepted.

No question folks sometimes do get trained by their dogs, ats and other
pet's behaviors. Once you realize what the animal's motivations are, you
have half the battle won.

Carl

All animals have characteristics which are unchangeable. For instance, if
you step into a tiger's cage, it is assumed that you want to die, because
the vast majority of the time, a tiger will kill you if you stop by for a
visit. Dogs are the same way. You can assume certain things about them. Make
a list of 10 possible things an unattended dog might do, and if 9 of those
things are stupid, destructive or annoying, you can bet a year's pay that
the dog will choose one or more of those 9 things 100% of the time. The only
acceptable thing it might do is sleep. The other 9 include such delights as
crapping on the rug, crapping specifically where innocent people need to
walk, barking until the police arrive, biting someone, chewing furniture,
wrapping their leashes around trees until they're choking (a good thing,
actually, but still stupid), digging in neighbors' gardens.

what are you doing in my thread? if you don't have any valid suggestions ... please go crap in your own thread. and if you aren't a troll .. i don't know who else qualifies to it !!!!

just like a child molester .. i believe you should be shot on sight !!! for animal cruelty. now go dig for trouble somewhere else.