Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren
On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 05:35:26 +0000, Arman

Try:

1 tbs cayenne pepper
1 tbs garlic powder
1-2 drops of liquid dish soap
2 cups water

Mix in spray bottle, spray around the area. Re-apply after rain.

OR

2 tsp hot sauce
2 crushed cloves
2 tsp liquid dish soap
3 cups water

Mix in spray bottle, spray around the area. Re-apply after rain.

I've used this method to keep dogs from "shittin'" on the lawn. It
won't hurt a lawn and I suspect not your flowers.

Oren

Hi Oren & others who have made some valid suggestions,

Thank you!!!!!

I am going to try the moth ball and this spray suggestion and see how it goes. Trouble is where I live, its hot ... real hot .. so i have to water my plants twice a day so they won't wilt. will the moth ball hurt the plants? also how safe is it in vege containers? right now i am growing varieties of lettuce, leafy veges (spinach) and beans, is it safe to keep moth ball in those containers?

i like using organic fertiliser, so some i mulch and i also use tea leaves and grounded up egg shells, could they be attracting the dogs?

rob, you might have a point abt the dogs being bored. i train and show dogs but recently i've been so busy between work, my toddler, my evening classes at the university and a bunch of house guests who show sign of leaving that i have actually neglected my dogs quite a bit. so like someone here said, now that i've realised that they are bored, maybe doing something abt that will help get them off my plants. hmmm... !!

thanks again for your inputs everyone! really appreciate them! i am attaching a pic of my hanging flower pots that have escaped my dogs .. lol, this is from last year tho, so now the total container count is 80+.

take care everyone & thanks again,
arman.
Attached Thumbnails
How to keep dogs off my container plants??-dsc005631.jpg