Old 20-03-2006, 12:21 PM posted to aus.gardens
meee

Default aggggh pollination problems!

"Jonno" wrote in message ...
John Savage wrote:
Jonno writes:
"John Savage" wrote in message
om...
If you do buy a beehive, make sure you don't confine the bees to your
greenhouse, otherwise when you can't provide local pollen and nectar the
bees will starve. They need to be able to scour the neighbourhood to
collect water, too, at those times when you forget to replenish a source.
Would suggest a source of water too. Bees need water and if they find it, allow them to settle
amd drink.from a shallow bowl.

The bees will be perfectly happy to sip moisture off the wet plants and
drips off his watering system.

My bees use a saucer.. So much more refined than yours...(grin).

Well, Larry just solved my pollination problems....half the greenhouse is gone!! So now to stop the dogs destroying stuff. Off to get some chicken wire....