Old 20-03-2006, 02:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default How to keep dogs off my container plants??

"Arman" wrote in message

Oren Wrote:
On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 05:35:26 +0000, Arman

Try:

1 tbs cayenne pepper
1 tbs garlic powder
1-2 drops of liquid dish soap
2 cups water

Mix in spray bottle, spray around the area. Re-apply after rain.

OR

2 tsp hot sauce
2 crushed cloves
2 tsp liquid dish soap
3 cups water

Mix in spray bottle, spray around the area. Re-apply after rain.

I've used this method to keep dogs from "shittin'" on the lawn. It
won't hurt a lawn and I suspect not your flowers.

Oren

Hi Oren & others who have made some valid suggestions,

Thank you!!!!!

I am going to try the moth ball and this spray suggestion and see how
it goes. Trouble is where I live, its hot ... real hot .. so i have to
water my plants twice a day so they won't wilt. will the moth ball hurt
the plants? also how safe is it in vege containers? right now i am
growing varieties of lettuce, leafy veges (spinach) and beans, is it
safe to keep moth ball in those containers?

Moth balls have absolutely no business being in or near edible plants. Since
you don't like my comments about dogs, you probably won't believe me, so you
might want to call your local poison control center and ask them about it.