Old 20-03-2006, 03:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
MK

Default Christmas Cactus

do you fertilize them and if so, when? do you have pest problems with
them? do you just keep them in their pots and stick them wherever?
about how long do they need to harden off before moving into direct
sun? thank you soo much for your patience with all my questions.

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 00:56:50 +0000 (UTC), enigma
wrote:

MK wrote in
:

You say you keep them outside in the summer and you live in
zone 9. Do you put them in full sun? I live in zone 7 so
I'm wondering where they'd do well. Thanks for any help.
Mine have not bloomed in 2 years.

i'm in zone 5b/6 & put mine out for the summer as soon as
it's reliably above 50*F at night. i harden them off in
dappled shade & then move them to full sun (don't go directly
from indoors to full sun or they sunburn something awful). i
leave them out until September. mine usually start blooming by
Halloween & bloom heavily through Christmas, then again in the
spring. they sometimes bloom lightly outside, too.
indoors they're under lights or in south or west facing
windows.
lee