Old 20-03-2006, 04:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Devonshire

Default urine?

On the day of Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:45:11 GMT...
"readandpostrosie"
typed these letters:

(out of lurkdom)
does anyone here think that human urine is a deterrent to deer?
we have a lot of deer around here, and i would like to start planting some
flowering bushes, but not for their breakfast!

thanks,
rosie

ps. this is one informative newsgroup!

The opposite is probably more likely. A territorial
buck might hang out to find out who's ****ing on his territory.
If the urine came from a female during her period a buck may hang out
for other reasons. I see deer all the time but have never had
them bother bushes. Deer do love my persimmon trees and
they can have all of the persimmons they want. Look around and
see what types of flowers and shrubs other people have in the area
that survive. They will probably be the plants that deer have no
interest in.

Devonshire