Old 20-03-2006, 06:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default gardening with a bee/wasp allergy

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:01:17 -0500, Janet Price
wrote:

Last summer I had an allergic reaction to 4 wasp stings. I'm carrying
epi-pens and I'm doing the de-sensitization. I've always loved

snip

Thanks for any suggestions.

Janet

Hi Janet,

I havn't had any bee stings in over 30 years. But, I have had my
first three wasp stings in the past three years. All of these times I
got stung for no apparent reason. One wasp was a red wasp and the
swelling was intense. The other two were black wasps and were
annoying for a day. Wasps like to hang out under shelters, big and
small. You should ask your doctor what you need to do. Above all, be
aware of your surroundings and look before you step or put your hands
anywhere. A year ago I know a woman that was standing on the curb and
a honey bee decided to fly up her pant leg!

That requires a joke.

A woman gets stung while playing golf. It hurts, so she runs into the pro
shop and asks "Do you have anything for bee stings? Some Benedryl cream or
something?" The says he doesn't sell it, but he might have something in the
first aid kit. While he's checking, he asks "So, where did you get stung?"
She says "Between the first & second holes". He says "Sounds like your
stance is too wide!"