Old 20-03-2006, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

Default Bonfires/ hedgehogs

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , michael adams
writes

there are no carrion in the UK -
vultures etc. not so far as I know at least -"

Not round where I live there isn't Janet. No dead animals lying around
and no vultures flying overhead. That's what we pay Our Council Tax
for,

Blimey! Your council clears up any animal that's killed on the road as
soon as it's died?
I bet they've had to cut a lot of essential services to do that!
I'm always seeing dead hedgehogs, the odd badger, once a stoat,
squirrels, blackbirds etc at the side of roads in Buckinghamshire.
What council is yours then? Why do they give it such priority?

janet

West London. Its so flattened it would be of no use to any scavengers
anyway. And there are certainly no dead animals lying in the gutter
or on the pavement.

michael adams

--
Janet Tweedy