Old 20-03-2006, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

Default Keeping the cats out

In article m, VX
writes

Hi- 'scuse me for butting in but this got my attention.

Do you mean that cat owners should keep their cats indoors and only allow
them out on leads, or something along those lines?

If that isn't it, what means of preventing them roaming do you suggest?

Well if cat owners argue that their pets must be allowed to roam and
'visit' next door's garden how come the same cat owners don't afford dog
owners the same facility?

I have to say they don't come in my back garden but then the dogs would
deter them presumably. However the people who have rented the house next
door have a HUGE black and white cat that has been relieving itself in
my front garden for the last few weeks. As a non-cat owner I can't say
I'm very happy about this and wouldn't dream on allowing my dogs to do
this on anyone else's land, though I would not like to actually harm a
cat.

To keep the thread helpful what do I have to do to 'deter' the cat from
depositing in my flower beds? can I spray something or will it be
attracted to a particular soil such as newly dug etc?

I guess dog and cat owners will never see eye to eye as it seems that
there's one law for one type of pet and another for a different pet.

It's okay to decide that cats are 'wild' in nature but surely 'wild'
animals shouldn't be kept in homes?

janet
--
Janet Tweedy