Old 20-03-2006, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

Default Bonfires/ hedgehogs

"Des Higgins" wrote in message
. ie...

Not round where I live there isn't Janet. No dead animals lying around
and no vultures flying overhead. That's what we pay Our Council Tax
for, to get all that stuff cleared up pronto. The odd flat hedghog and
cat maybe. But that's more Tom and Jerry than carrion I'd say. Road-kill
and recipes for the prepartion therof, are usually more the province
of our transatlantic cousins I believe.

A bit late as well, if you don't mind me saying so. Dredging stuff
up from previous posts, smacks of desperation in anyone's book.

have you ever heard of Carrion Crows?

Do you know what they are famous for eating?

Indeed. They eat carrion. Among other things.

Carrion, insects, worms, seeds, fruit and any scraps.
http://www.rspb.org.uk/birds/guide/c...crow/index.asp

And there are carrion to be found in all sorts of locations.

Including the pages of dictionaries.

quote

carrion /karn/ n. & a. ME. [AN, ONFr. caroi(g)ne, OFr.
charoigne (mod. charogne) f. Proto-Romance, f. L caro flesh.]
A n. ME-M18.

1 A dead body; a carcass.

Excerpted from Oxford Talking Dictionary
Copyright © 1998 The Learning Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

/quote

And in the absence of which, in towns they'll settle for worms etc.

They do fly around a bit as well, you see.

michael adams