Old 20-03-2006, 10:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default gardening with a bee/wasp allergy

Don't go spraying everything that moves.
Wear smooth finished light colored clothing and don't wear scent or go
barefoot.
Keep your epi-pens current, and perhaps lay in a bottle or two of
bennedryl syrup because syrup goes down a swelling windpipe easier than
a pill.

Stop and observe before you enter the garden, bees forage at different
times and if they are on your flowers at 10 am they may be elsewhere at
2pm because many plants only produce nectar at certain hours.

Most physicians over-diagnose venemous insect allergy because they
don't get in trouble for over-reacting.
4 white faced hornet stings around the face make me look like I got
clubbed with an ugly stick but it goes away.

If you had a tight throat, swelling tongue, rash away from the
immediate sting site then don't fool around.

I seriously doubt spraying the house and deck will make any difference.