Old 14-02-2003, 10:51 PM
slackjeep

Default Combining Roses with climbing vines

Huskies4all wrote in message om...
I have two red climbing roses next to each other on trellises. I didn't
mean to, one was a "mystery rose." :-) I thought I'd try planting some
sort of climbing vine between them to get a neat color combination. Has
anyone tried this? I think it would work very well with a white
flowered vine of some sort, but I certainly don't want to kill my roses.
Does anyone know if there would be a danger of harming my roses?

CJ

I have a similar question but I would like to combine a Joseph's Coat
climbing rose with a red trumpet vine on the same post of my pergola.
I figure the red trumpet would grow quicker and cover the top of the
pergola where the rose would stay more on the actual post and in
front. The colors are similar.

I can picture this beautiful spectical in my mind but fantasy and
reality may not always be the same.

Anyone have any experience with this combination? I'm in zone 10 if
that helps.

Thanks
Dorys