Old 21-03-2006, 12:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

Default Bonfires/ hedgehogs

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

and similar micro-organisms by fungi etc evetually. Maybe excepting
bone etc. Bacteria and such like are essential for nitogen fixation.
It isn't a true cycle however because the whole process depends on
photosynthesis from sun-light which isn't returned to the Sun.

??????????????????????

Humen ( or any) corpses returned to the earthm are not dependent of
photosynthesis.

Oh yes they are!

Without plants dependent on photosynthesis, they'd have had nothing to eat.
There would be no corpses to start with. Either directly as herbivores,
as carnivores eating herbivores, or omnivores eating a bit of everything.
Then when they die ( which is the point I was actually making) their
bodies break down into the constituent carbon and for present
purposes more important microrganisms which promote nitrogen fixation
from the atmosphere. Where most of the nitrogen is. Without nitrogen
plants can't develop in order to photosynthesise. While the energy from
the Sun's rays which had been converted into plant matter via photosynthesis
had either formed coal or oil or other fossil fuel, or been eaten by animals
directly or indirectly and used as energy in moving around and breathing
etc. Grossly oversimplified but not inaccurate in any significant sense
I think you'll find. But all dependent on the Sun's rays, none of
which is ever returned, but has been dissapating ever since the Big Bang
allegedly.

There are rabbits birds foxes and deer in London parks which die and
crows magpies etc which would feed on the carrion. But in any case, you
said there was none in the UK, which is nonsense.

I know. I was fixated on the vultures for some reason

michael adams