Old 21-03-2006, 02:24 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default HEELP! Disease

"humBill" wrote in message
t...
I recently posted about some of my long fin fish having split fins. I came
away feeling it was probably just spring stress, possibly trying to get
away from a heron and all was probably okay - add a little salt and watch
them. Well unfortunately they are definitely getting worse.

===============
I hope you've already done a search on pond fish diseases (try Google).
Check out the www.koivet.com website. It sure sounds like you have a
serious problem developing with your fish. In my personal opinion I think
you still need to do more LARGER, more FREQUENT water changes. There are
dissolved solids these test kits don't measure. Try and get out as much
mulm as possible. Remove the plants if you're going the salt route. When
I have to treat anything as large as a pond I use Potassium Permanganate.
But this must be handled very carefully.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952