Old 21-03-2006, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

Default Keeping the cats out

In article .com, La
Puce writes
myself. However - any cats on my property get to be chased by one of my
dogs because I usually open the door and say 'go and get the cat'.

That's a dangerous thing to do nowadays. I know one of mine would chase
a cat, (she's killed rats, mice, squirrels, the odd bird and rabbit )
but I would never actively encourage her to do so.
By so doing, if anyone could prove it, you could, in theory, be charged
under the 'encouraging your dog to hunt' laws.

Or so I have been led to believe by two people who own dogs and know
something about legal issues.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph