Old 21-03-2006, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

Default Bonfires/ hedgehogs

"michael adams" wrote in message

"BAC" wrote in message

As it happens, IMO the OP
needed to be persuaded to rebuild her bonfire, but that's unlikely
to happen now.

What makes you think that? The OP should have learned that
hedgehogs are in peril generally, and taking steps to avoid
killing them in her garden is, as you say, 'a good thing'.

Because the OP gave no indication of having taken cogniscance of
the very sound advice which had already been offered to her by Alan
Holmes - as quoted below. But merely acknowledged my somewhat whimsical
suggestion, that she should play loud music beside the intended bonfire

snip

This is UseNet and you are of course free to do exactly as you
wish and post whatever you wish within reason. Despite what other
people may try and tell you to the contrary. However in my own case
I would be most obliged if you took the trouble to read the thread
before asking detailed questions about particular posts of mine, as
the meaning is often dependent on the context. And my time is
just as valuable as yours, I would imagine.

Well, thank you for explaining your reasoning. As it happens, I had read the
thread, and had seen nothing to suggest, to me, anyway, that the OP had
decided to ignore the advice proferred. Hence the request for clarification.
As you correctly imply, time is a precious commodity, and you may be assured
I don't usually waste it seeking clarification unless I consider it
interesting and necessary.

Alan Holmes' was by far the best suggestion and contibution to
the thread IMO, something which you yourself and everyone else appear
to have ovelooked. As is often the case on UseNet of course.

You mean, presumably, that unless 'everyone' posts a message expressing
their agreement with and admiration for Alan Holmes' contribution, they
should be assumed to have overlooked its merits.

An alternative explanation might be that those who read Alan's contribution
considered there was nothing further to be said on that aspect of the
thread.