Old 21-03-2006, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

Default Help on pond liner please...

"smileygonzo1961" wrote in
message ...

Hi everyone,

I am looking to replace my pond liner which is about 11ft by 11ft by
5ft deep, and I have no idea what to do. Having checked the Internet I
can see lots of types of liners e.g. PVC, Butyl etc but as I have no
experience whatsoever I am not sure what I need....

I would like a decent liner with some longevity, can anyone recommend a
good quality pond liner either type of material or manufacturer and also
where is the best place to purchase the liner e.g. on line or at a
shop.

Any help much appreciated.

kind regards,
Richard

--
smileygonzo1961

Please don't be fooled by claims which say as "good as or better than Butyl"
go for the real thing and don't skimp on the size its better to cut of
excess than not be able to finish it properly so you cant see the edge. You
can usual find plenty of old carpet at the local tip to line the hole to
prevent punctures.
plenty of good info usual comes with liners as to how to install but I never
use a spirit level as I find flexible clear plastic tubing (for aquariums)
filled with water and food dye gives a more accurate result.
I have just finished a pond this winter and am still waiting for the weather
to warm up so I can plant up
see www.roselandhouse.co.uk/pond/pond.htm

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.