Old 21-03-2006, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Daphne Odora

Daphnes don't like cold winds and they don't like to be water-logged.
Do make sure its pot isn't too wet because in this weather, all that
will lead to is cold and perhaps, frosted roots, especially in a pot
and perhaps, particularly, an old pot. We have a couple of old pots in
which we plant nothing permanent, so that we can move them into winter
shelter if we need to but change their inhabitants without risk to the
pot. I imagine it's possible that cold snaps in winter have arrested
the opening of the buds, too? I wonder if it's situation is TOO sunny,
perhaps? They're quite shade-tolerant so is it getting too much of
what we laughingly call 'sun' in UK!? When it's in the growing season,
you could try giving it a feed because compost lasts only so long in
terms of nourishment.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk