Old 21-03-2006, 11:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
Adelle

Default Another bee/wasp question

Hi!

We have a wasp/yellowjacket hive in the ground next to our deck. Not sure
which category the bugs fall into wasp or yellowjacket or what. They are
really aggressive and consider our deck as getting too close to the hive.
After two years of not being able to use the deck, I think its time to get
rid of them.

I hate to use insecticides, but feel that's the only choice I've got.

Which pesticide, and how do I do treat the nest? We are zone 5
(Massachusetts) and the ground is currently still frozen.

If I do this treatment, how long should I wait before planting edibles in
that area (I've coveted the spot for a kitchen herb garden).

Thanks!

--
Adelle
[please remove the obvious to respond]