Old 22-03-2006, 07:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg

Default Shredding for path chips

On 21 Mar 2006 13:34:28 -0800, "Rob" wrote:

Hardly dare ask another question about shredders . . . but here goes:

I want to produce chips to make paths with, compost-making is
secondary.
Which sort of shredder does that best: spinning-blade type or "silent"
cog-wheel type?
Thanks

¨P.S. Just where can I find the uk.rec.gndg faq's, especially the
shredder faq?

The Bosch range of shredders have a slow-speed helical cutting screw
that cuts woody stuff into roughly inch long bits. When I shred
leylandii prunings, compost them and then use them as mulch, these
woody bits are always the last to rot away. I should think they'd be
quite good for paths.

--
Chris