Old 22-03-2006, 05:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default What's your shit of choice?

In article ,
Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 21:31:47 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

Horse is ok, but tends to be a bit hot if not well composted.

One year I dug about two feet down in a cold frame, and layered about
6 inches of fresh horse manure, then buried it under the dirt. I
planted lots of greens, including dill, that grew beautifully all
winter. the only problem I had was if they got too tall and pressed up
against the glass, they'd get nipped during freezes.

Penelope

I have that same problem with greenhouses. The plants can't touch the
walls.
--
Peace, Om.