Old 22-03-2006, 04:19 PM posted to rec.ponds
Rodney Pont

Default Help on pond liner please...

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 08:54:42 -0500, Hal wrote:

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:10:01 +0000, smileygonzo1961
wrote:

I am looking to replace my pond liner which is about 11ft by 11ft by
5ft deep, and I have no idea what to do. Having checked the Internet I
can see lots of types of liners e.g. PVC, Butyl etc but as I have no
experience whatsoever I am not sure what I need....

I would like a decent liner with some longevity, can anyone recommend a
good quality pond liner either type of material or manufacturer and also
where is the best place to purchase the liner e.g. on line or at a
shop.

I have a 45 mil rubber and a 20 mil permalon liner and the thinner,
lighter, permalon is also stronger and much easier to work with. I
can't help you with a source, I'm in Middle Georgia, but Google is
everybody's friend. I should also tell you the permalon wasn't local
for me and there was a waiting period to get it shipped to me.

The equivalent in the UK to permalon is Tetra Pondtex Liners and they
are available from the URL below.

http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/Z177342.asp

--
Regards - Rodney Pont