Old 22-03-2006, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul

Default What size pot for tomatoes?

.. Last year, being new to gardening and allotments, we planted directly
into the soil in the greenhouse but have since learned this is *not a
good idea* in the long term. Last years crop was good, but the
greenhouse had remained unused for a couple of years so the soil had
rested and was disease-free. We are planning to grow tomatoes in pots in
the greenhouse this year. Hence the question about pots. I guess about
30cm across by 30cm deep should do. Too big, too small? OK? .
TIA for any feedback.
--
Paul reply-to is valid