Old 22-03-2006, 08:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob

Default non flowering orchid

wrote:
Our orchid looked like an onicdum. We had it in the kitchen on an east
facing window sill - in Scotland. I have a sunlounge facing south do
you advise placing it in there? Any other advice?
Thanks
Mhari

I think I'd stick with the east window. My only advice is 'when in
doubt, don't' - water, that is... Try not to pamper the plant too much,
that kills more orchids than anything else.

p.s. this is the first time I have used a newsgroup - what does AOS/HCC
mean?

Actually it should be HCC/AOS, and it it is a type of award given by the
American Orchid Society to a plant. Divisions or clones of that plant
carry the award designation. If you see a plant with an award (HCC, AM,
or FCC/AOS), you can be reasonably assured that it has high flower
quality, with the quality improving as you move left to right... Since
you are in the UK, you are more likely to see AM/RHS or FCC/RHS awards,
these are given by the Royal Horticultural Society. Same idea, though.

Rob

--
Rob's Rules:
http://littlefrogfarm.com