Old 22-03-2006, 08:23 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Green Algee

"ABC" wrote in message
I have a big pond, in cement... the green algee it's a big problem. Just
don't know what else I can do to get rid of it!
I have a good filter with UV, but not enough. I have planted it and all,
but still not enough. I have even covered the pond with a net, so it
wouldn't get so much sun... it didn't work!
Sometimes I see pictures of ponds that are cristal clear.
The only thing I don't have it's rocks at the bottom of the pond!

=====================
Most ponds turn green in spring. If it doesn't clear up on it's own you can
do some partial water changes and add another UV light. Also, remove any
"stuff" on the bottom of your pond such as leaves, twigs, dead fish, dead
frogs and other trash turning into algae food. Remove the dead leaves from
all your pond plants. Can your pond be overcrowded with too many fish,
frogs, newts etc? Is your filer adequate for the size and fishload in your
pond. In desperation you can use an algae killer but that just turns the
live algae into dead decomposing algae to feed yet another algae bloom.
--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952