Old 22-03-2006, 09:01 PM posted to austin.gardening
David Wright

Default Caterpillar control?

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Mike Harris wrote:
If you can encourage paper wasps to nest near the vines, they will keep
the gulf frittilary larva population in check.

They are such beautiful butterflies though... we don't care if we don't
get as many flowers.

--
Victor M. Martinez

I'm with you, Victor. We planted four passionflower vines
weekend-before-last mainly to attract gulf fritillary butterflies. Getting a
few macro pictures of flowers and/or butterflies, though, wouldn't hurt. ;-)

David, who found a black swallowtail larva on the flat-leaf parsley today