Old 23-03-2006, 12:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default How to keep dogs off my container plants??

"George.com" wrote in message

You're making this too complicated. If a homeowner tells you to take your
dog elsewhere, you have no choice but to obey. Otherwise, you've
committed
civil trespass. That's illegal, and you can be arrested for it. The
person
spray painting your house has committed the same crime, along with one or
two others.

When I walk my dogs I exercise control to ensure they **** in appropriate
places. If the mutt wanders onto someones property I go and retrieve it. I
don't make it a habit Doug of encouraging my mutts to **** in neighbours
gardens. Most all dog owners I know exercise the same approach. I doubt
the
police will be too concerned with my walking on to someones property to
retrieve my dog.

If a property owner tells you not to enter, you have no choice but to
comply. Your opinion is of no consequence.

As far as where my excrement goes, that's a silly question. I don't do it

in
places where I need to work with my hands. If you think it's cute to let
your dog **** where someone needs to work,

and that is a highly subjective measure Doug, 'where someone needs to
work',
and requires a degree of omnipotence. I am not always able to forsee where
person may want to work when walking my dogs. Clearly I do not expect
anyone
to want to work on the tree in the next 5 minutes or a bushy clump of
weeds
along the front wall of their section.

You're in no position to assume ANYTHING about another person's property. If
this is not true, then, if I want to apply sealer to my driveway on a nice
warm day, it'll be OK with you if I park my car in YOUR driveway, blocking
in your cars for the 48 hours it takes for my driveway to be ready for use
again. Clearly, I do not expect anyone in your house to want to drive
anywhere in the next 48 hours.

Whilst efforts are made to ensure
dogs **** in areas that will not cause a problem, on the odd occasion they
**** in someones garden that someone then wants to weed, a philosophical
approach by the gsrdener is by far the best approach. Garden gloves are
very
simple things to use.

rob

Garden gloves covered in **** are not my idea of a good time. However, I
understand that some people get sort of a sick thrill out of playing with
human waste. It's a treatable condition.

Mind if I ask how old you are?