Old 23-03-2006, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default need plant suggestion

"agileflower" wrote to URG via Gardenbanter, not direct...

I am looking for plant suggestions. I have a brick area of a house to
plant against. The area is a bit narrow-maybe 2 feet wide, and I don't
want anything to grow over 3 or so feet tall. The area is bordered on
one side by an under-planted area that includes some lavender and a
standard rose--the oppposite end has a very pretty shrub I'd like to
keep though I am not sure what it is with its large vareigated leaves.
The center of the area is planted with a young (short) upright conifer
of some kind.

I had thought originally of putting in 4 standard roses underplanted
with nepeta--but not sure if that conifer would pose a problem. I am
very open to ideas however!

Which way does the wall face?
Does it get much sun?
Is it a dry area?