Old 23-03-2006, 04:16 PM posted to rec.ponds
David Sim

Default Plants / Tips to shelter fry

Hi

I want to give any fry that appear this year the best chance of survival I
can in their natural habitat of the pond. I'm not looking to farm hundreds
of little ones but a few more than last year would be nice.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any plants that would give them
suitable shelter & cover - or any other tips !

The pond is in Berkshire UK and is 2500 gls and 5 ft deep (at it's deepest
part). It was built primarily for Koi so I don't want to / can't pack it
full of foliage, although at the moment there are only a couple of small
Koi, 30 odd goldfish & a couple of Shubies.

The plan is to up the Koi population in the Summer

Thanks chaps

David