Old 23-03-2006, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Help on pond liner please...

Butyl is definitley best If you get in the pond wearing waders, make
sure there are no pebbles in the tread of the soles and try to keep the
liner covered with water because it is the liner that is exposed to
sunlight which will deteriorate quickest.
Tony Bull www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk
smileygonzo1961 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am looking to replace my pond liner which is about 11ft by 11ft by
5ft deep, and I have no idea what to do. Having checked the Internet I
can see lots of types of liners e.g. PVC, Butyl etc but as I have no
experience whatsoever I am not sure what I need....

I would like a decent liner with some longevity, can anyone recommend a
good quality pond liner either type of material or manufacturer and also
where is the best place to purchase the liner e.g. on line or at a
shop.

Any help much appreciated.

kind regards,
Richard