Old 23-03-2006, 08:43 PM
agileflower agileflower is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden
"agileflower" wrote to URG via Gardenbanter, not direct...

Which way does the wall face?
Does it get much sun?
Is it a dry area?
What's the soil like, sandy, clay.....?
Roughly where in the UK are you?

regards
Bob
That will teach me to write posts while chasing my toddler around! Sorry--doh.
I am in north London. The wall faces E/SE. The soil, well-- clay soil mixed with what seems like building rubble (!) It gets a reasonable amount of late morning to early afternoon sun....

Having moved here from lush California, I can't quite get used to gardening here. Before I could easily follow the rule 'stick it in the ground and it will grow'

thanks!!