Old 23-03-2006, 10:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
DigitalVinyl

Default Beans and Onions: Too Close for Comfort?

(Mel M Kelly) wrote:

I plant carrots in with radishes. It helps both crops.

That's got a good timing and physical effect. Radishes finish in 30
days and are out of the ground before the crrots would need the space.
I do the same. One companionn guide suggested the radish "loosened"
the dirt for the carrots. I'm not sure of the loosening, but radishes
are great spot fillers until the nearby plants become full grown.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
4th year gardener
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalf...=/2055&.src=ph