Old 23-03-2006, 11:21 PM posted to aus.gardens
gardenlen

Default Size of seed potato in Sydney

g'day terry,

as far as my experiences go size of the seed spud seems not to matter, as
you can successfully grow good crops from merely peeling the budding eyes
off of the sprouting potatoes. try to get your growing stock early say in
februaury then put them in open egg containers to keep them aopart ina cool
dry and dark place until they grow good long sprouts before planting this
gives a slightly quicker crop, a trick i learnt watching a doco' on spud
growing in the jersey islands.

for me success seems to depend on winter being cool enough and long enough,
and getting enough water to them through the growing period.

might be that you may have to source varieites better suited to your
conditions?

http://www.users.bigpond.com/gardenlen1/

len

snipped