Old 24-03-2006, 01:09 AM posted to aus.gardens
Terry Collins

Default Size of seed potato in Sydney

gardenlen wrote:

might be that you may have to source varieites better suited to your
conditions?

Well, I'm open to suggestions. Over the years we've purchased some stuff
from Diggers Club and been given store brought sprouters (buy 40kg and
throw 10kg out because they have sprouted neighbour)

Varieties that I can find the packets for are Pink Eye, Toolangi Delight
and Desiree. I think there was at least another two.

I think it is Desiree that is the only one to survive and provide
on-going stock.

Does anyone have any experiences with the comparative effects of
chicken, cow or mushroom compost on spuds?