Old 24-03-2006, 05:12 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default bottom cleanup

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:17:45 -0800, "Pat"
wrote:

How do you all clean up the sediments at the bottom of your ponds.
My pond is about 12 foot diameter and 3 feet deep at the center.
Thanks

I install bottom drains.

You did install bottom drains, or you're asking if you should? A pond that
has a 12 foot diameter, a bottom drain would sure make things easier. Check
out my website on how to go over the side using a tetra bell vacuum bottom
drain, so you can retrofit a pre-existing pond. (Click on My Filter). For
heavier stuff, that the koi don't get moved down to the location of the
bottom drain, I use my shop vac. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~