Old 13-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Julie

Default Large pot volume

I think your both wrong. My method: Buy one bag, then get home to
discover it isn't enough. That way I *have* to go back and buy more.
Of course, on my second trip I get to look at the plants again. g
(This method doesn't work when DH goes with me. He knows my ploy and
always picks up at least two bags.)

"JimS." wrote in message .net...
ROFLMAO......this is EXACTLY the same formula I use.

Minor modification for me: Go to garden store. Look at bags. Think, "big
bag or really honkin' big bag?". Buy the honkin' big bag. Use as much as
need to fill pot, then leave mostly-empty bag on walkway in conspicuous
place for mailman to trip over.

JimS.
Seattle

"Shiva" wrote in message

Now then: here is a little formula that works for me:

Go to the garden shop. Find the potting soil you want. Eyeball the bags
and think, hmmm, one bag or two? Decide "oh, hell, it doesn't matter. It's
not like I'm not going to be able to use the leftover soil." Buy two bags
for each pot.