Old 24-03-2006, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JB

Default Pepper Seeds

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 07:20:14 -0000, "Neil Tonks"
wrote:

"tvrchimaera" wrote in message

Can peppers be grown from supermarket pepper seeds??

I've tried this a couple of times, just out of interest to see what would
happen, and have never got any of the seeds to germinate. Perhaps they
aren't mature enough at the point the peppers are harvested.

I've done this several times in the past, always with reasonable
success. I'm trying bouth seed, saved seed from last year and seed
from a supermarket pepper this year just by way of comparison