Old 24-03-2006, 06:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Valkyrie

Default Japanese wrinkled cucumbers: breed?

You might just try sending an email to this company and see if you can get
an answer.

http://www.kitazawaseed.com/

"vivian" wrote in message
On 22 Mar 2006 19:42:05 -0800, "tinyplanter"
wrote:

hi vivian

IMHO, it's more likely to a 'pickled eggplant'.
i would show you a pic of the same sorta stuff, so you could check it
out whether my guess might be on the right track or not?
http://www.e-recipe.org/weekly/0106w3.html

Ono

Well, to tell you the truth, given my complete and utter failure to
find anything in the cucumber family that remotely resembles what I
remember, I've often wondered if it could have been something like you
mention.

Unfortunately, the pictures you link to don't resemble my beloved
cukes of yesteryear and I can definitely assure you the raw vegetable
itself was served (I helped pick them several times), not anything
pickled.

Thanks for the suggestion, however.

viv