Old 24-03-2006, 03:34 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Frogs

Hi Jan,
I'm just a little curious as to how you can be held responsible for the
noise made by a wild creature - in this case the frogs?

This is actually in the city code, having a habitat that harbors nuisance
creatures (or some wording like that). This was probably put in there when
people had junk piles that skunks moved into originally.

Also a bit curious as to how you turn the volume down....
Gill

I go out and catch a few males and the volume goes down. These males are
then given to other ponders. Sometimes they stay with them, and sometimes
they don't. ) My neighbors were given a lesson on native creatures in
the letter last year. That these were NOT pets, but come and go as easily
as the crickets. The City Attorney's office said that was the first letter
they had gotten regarding frogs and they thought it was hilarious. Believe
me, the letter I got from them was nothing to laugh about. I set them the
letter and then stayed in e-mail contact with them. No one contacted me or
them after the letter went out. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~