Old 24-03-2006, 08:03 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Frogs

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
In article ,
Koi-Lo wrote:

"Gill Passman" wrote in message
. ..
I'm just a little curious as to how you can be held responsible for the
noise made by a wild creature - in this case the frogs?

Also a bit curious as to how you turn the volume down....

===========================
They can claim her "unnatural" pond is creating a nuisance. It's little
different than having a neighbor with a barking dog.

Yeah, nobody records sounds of barking dogs and sells it as new age
relaxing music.

I doubt anyone would play croaking frog CDs (and I have many Nature CDs) as
loud as some ponds get in spring and summer. ;-)

Chirping frogs in the spring, that eat bugs are a nuisence, but cars,
motorbikes and what have you that make noise, consume expensive fossil
fuels we buy for a lot of money from the mideast, that also pollutes
like mad (to the detriment of aforementioned frogs ironically) are ok?

Now that depends on where you live. There are plenty of places where you
can get a summons if you have loud pipes on your car or bike. NYC of all
places hands out summonses for playing a loud Boom-Box in the street.
Personally I don't mind the frogs croaking at night as long as they're not
close to my bedroom window. Not everyone is a heavy sleeper. I mean, we do
have to be considerate of our neighbors. If the frogs keep them awake what
are they supposed to do - go rent a Motel room to get some sleep? ;-)

Tell them your plan is to buy a big SUV and to drive it a lot so
the emissions will eventually kill them off. Then alert the green people,
buy a local politoco a TV and let nature and politics take its
course. If I can refresh your memory, you saw an endangered frog
in your pond.

You American city dwellers just slay me with your irony.

BTW not all of us on this NG are city dwellers. Even out here in the
country most of us do have at least one neighbor in earshot of our ponds.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952