Old 24-03-2006, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default Wildflower plants

"Robert" wrote in message
I am considering buying some wildflower plants (as plants/plugs rather
than seed) - has anyone tried http://www.wildflowers.co.uk/acatalog/.
Grateful for any feedback.

I keep meaning to visit that nursery. Haven't bought from them online
but from what I hear they have a good reputation. Another one to look at
is Naturescape www.naturescape.co.uk/ . I had some nice little plugs
mail-order from them a few years back, and thought their catalogue was
very useful and informative about what plants suited which areas/soil
etc.

I think you're right to go for plugs or small plants if you're trying to
get more wildflowers into an already grassed area. You can always have a
go at growing some extra ones yourself in trays to keep costs to a
minimum. I found it easiest to clear small areas of turf to give the
new plantlets room to get a start before the grass closed in again. Once
they've established they'll seed around on their own.

--
Sue