Old 24-03-2006, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default bamboo as a screen-anyone tried it?

"PigPOg" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:12:27 +0000, mrs-baggins
wrote:

I know there are loads of variety of bamboos about but has anyone any
experience of growing bamboo on a clay soil? I would like a bamboo to
grow to about 3 m to use as screening but a small bamboo i have had for
years just hasnt grown at all and it may just be my clay soil

I also want to use bamboo as a screen but I thought I'd grow them in
large containers. Don't know how this will pan-out - especially given
that I know very little about gardening let alone growing bamboo!

Simon

Knowing very little about gardening and wanting to cultivate bamboo is a
good match.
They are not a difficult plant to cultivate. Pots are fine and give you the
advantage of the extra instant height and more choices of location.
Bamboo Root Barrier can be used if you are intending to plant one of the
very invasive species.